Arizona Automotive Institute strives to provide students with the opportunity to begin a career in automotive work by providing training that is also aimed to support career advancement. Their goal is to help you turn your love for cars and trucks into a career.
The auto industry continues to incorporate advanced levels of technology in the production of automotive products and the Arizona Automotive Institute can provide a specialized education designed to meet the demands of the auto industry workforce.
AAI focuses on helping auto-minded students to acquire the basic skills needed to be successful through their education programs in the fields of Automotive Service Technology and Diesel – Heavy Truck Technology.
The Arizona Automotive Institute, located in the Phoenix/Glendale area, offers career services to students and school graduates. For those who qualify, financial aid may be available.
Automotive Service Technology
This certification program provides students with practical hands-on training. Topics in the program include:
- Inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing domestic and foreign cars
- 4-, 6-, and 8-cylinder engines
- Major systems like brakes, electrical systems, tires, air conditioning, steering and suspension
- Customer service
Diesel – Heavy Truck Technology
By learning through hands-on training, students can become experienced in knowing how to fix, service and maintain diesel engines that can be found in heavy-duty vehicles like bulldozers, cranes, buses and trucks. To prepare students for entry-level employment in general or specialized diesel service industries, AAI’s in-depth program covers these areas:
- Conventional and computerized electrical systems
- Fuel and ignition systems
- Brakes, steering and suspension systems
- Computerized diagnostic systems
- Heavy diesel 2- and 4-stroke engines
- Diesel hydraulic systems
- Automotive Service Technology, Arizona Automotive Institute, http://www.aai.edu/programs/automotive-service-technology, accessed November 2017
- Diesel – Heavy Truck, Arizona Automotive Institute, http://www.aai.edu/programs/diesel-heavy-truck, accessed November 2017