Founded in 1946, Lincoln Technical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, and the Commission of Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Many of its automotive programs are also certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (NATEF).
Automotive Programs at Lincoln Tech
While some classes of some programs may utilize online courses, Lincoln Tech prides itself on the hands-on training and education from ASE- Certified instructors. As such, no program offered by Lincoln Tech is available entirely online.
- Students enrolled in the automotive technology program can learn the skills needed to earn professional credentials in Automotive Technology, Automotive Mechanics, and Automotive Service Management. Depending on the specific course of study, students may earn a certificate, diploma, an AAS degree or an AOS degree upon completion of the program.
- In addition to gaining hands-on experience and training with diesel engine repair and maintenance in trucks and cars, students of the diesel technology program may also learn how to work with tractors and machinery, and diesel fuel systems. Students can gain real-world experience with the Common Rail System and Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), among others.
- While heavy equipment typically sports diesel engines, the Heavy Equipment program offers experience with complete teardowns and rebuilds of diesel engines and heavy machinery transmissions and transaxles. Students also learn the science behind hydraulic tools in addition learning the industry standards of repair and maintenance.
Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Students in this Lincoln Tech diploma program can learn how to remove and replace damaged parts using MIG and TIG welding. In addition to diagnostic software training, students are shown how to inspect, identify and repair defective parts, repair and install new break and AC lines, and how to seamlessly remove internal upholstery and accessories of a damaged car.
Lincoln Tech Education Benefits
- ASE-Certified instructors
- Real, working engines (both gas and diesel)
- High-performance dynos, lifts and tools
- Access to real-world heavy equipment from Caterpillar, Scott Equipment, and Thermo King
- Heavy equipment bays, collision shops, gasoline and diesel engines for practical hands-on training
Financial aid may be available through Lincoln Tech to qualified students. Lincoln Tech also offers career services to students and its graduates.
Lincoln Technical Institute, http://www.lincolnedu.com, accessed November 2017